Friday, March 03, 2006

new outboard



well Brian was hard up for money so I bought a 35 hp long shaft outboard motor off of him this evening for $100, not that bad of a deal considering there is one on ebay in the same condition here in Ohio that is selling for over $500 I think I am going to use ths motor on the aqua-hog project. I would rather use this over a starflite beause it has through the prop underwater exhaust whereas a v-4 starflite has open headers, this boat will mostly be used for putting around and occasional fishing so having alot of power is not a big deal. from what I am told this motor will plane a 2000# boat at about 22-24 mph..... that works for me. the next step is to aquire some teak to make a retro swim platform for the rear of the boat.

total cost to date is $186 (boat,motor,trailer,tires,lights,titlework)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home