Sunday, February 18, 2007

the things I do for money

well one of them isint working the showers at the local truck stop but I will tell you it would have been easier to sandpaper the asshole of a alligator in a phonebooth then clean up the mess I just did earlier, picture this: a basement enterance in the side of a building that goes to a parking lot so burried in a snow drift I didnt find it til I fell [sank] in it up to my head, wow that was fun to dig out, it claimed a shovel and 2 tanks of gas in the snowblower aswell as a hour of my time, but hey $100 later I have a grin on my face...

Rob mentioned that I didnt list any failures but in all reality it was quite the eventfull storm, what all broke

the lift hose on my snoway plow [black ¾ ton chevy] $28
Angle hose on the dumptruck $76
Motor Mount on the dumptruck [not fixed yet] $20
2 headlight bulbs $32
and for the major failures I tore the 10' plow off of the dumptruck after I made the decision it was better to wreck the truck then hit a minivan full of kids on their way to go sledding [sleds on the roof] and I broke a upper mounting nosepiece on the snoway, but both times it took longer to drive home and do some welding then it took to fix it.... looking over receipts this last storm is a recoed for the most gas used at just over 120 gallons for 2 trucks but that isint too bad considering the 1 ton has a big block and did not get shut down at all for 36 hours, we just swapped drivers... well I am off to bed, tomorrow I gotta dump off the gravel in the back and start hauling firewood again.... well ya know[the things I do for money]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home