Thursday, March 01, 2007

thinking about my boat right now

just sitting here thinking about my boat right now.... plus listening to DC's myspace profile song "Redneck Yacht Club" isint helping.... I have ALOT of fiberglass work to do to make things right on it but I WILL have it on the water this year for sure, tomorrow I am going to go to Jeremys place and load up the new engine and outdrive and start working on it and getting it prepped now so that when I am ready I can pull the Lund into the garage and seperate the hull from the top shell and start tearing it up and getting it ready, I figure it will take a month of weeknight work to get done but once it is done it will be the ONLY Lund Fiberglass speedboat from the Shell Lake Wi. plant that has a 200hp inboard/outboard engine in the WORLD and I know that for a fact because I contaced Lund to ask if they ever produced a I/O powered fiberglass boat and they said NOPE! and that my boat is #9 of only 183 from that peticular mold and that when I finish the swap they would really like some pictures because there is only 10 known boats still afloat from that hull mold and mine is one of them... COOL!

"Redneck Yacht Club"
'm meeting my buddies out on the lake
we're headin out to a special place
we love that just a few folks know
there's no signing up, no monthly dues
take your johnson, your mercury or your evinrude and fire it up
meet us out at party cove
come on in' the waters fine
just idle on over and toss us a line

(Chorus:)
basstrackers, bayliners and a party barge,
strung together like a floating trailer park anchored out and gettin loud
all summer long side by side there's five houseboat front porches astroturf,
lawn chairs and tiki torches
regular joes rocking the boat that's us
the redneck yacht club

bermuda's' flip-flops and a tank top tan
popped his first top at ten a.m., thats bob
he's our president
we're checking out the girls on the upper deck rubbin' in 15 spf, its hot
everybody's jumpin' in
later on when the sun goes down
we'll pull out the jar and the old guitar
and pass'em around

repeat chorus

when the party's over and we're all alone
well be making waves in a no wake zone

repeat chorus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home