Sunday, September 17, 2006

good god another weekend


wow, hard to believe that I have pissed another week away.... the only fun thing that has happened was we went offroading out at TnI out by the airport. tomorrow i am going to south bend indiana to pick up a new log splitter, with the cost of natural gas skyrocketing I am going to heat with as much wood as I can this year and see how it goes. last year I heated the garage with a wood burning furnace that I built and it worked well, however this winter I am going to buy a wood burning insert for the fireplace with a blower to blow the heat back into the room... I figure that and sealing the house tighter then a ticks ass will help keep the already rediculous heating bills in check....

I do have one hunch though..... I have been thinking about this upcomming winter and I have a good hunch that we will have had some form of frozen precipitation by haloween.... however I think this winter won't be a real wet one but a cold one

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I loved the wood-burning stove we had in our old house...I could get by with an electricity bill of around $60/month in the winter...We're still trying to see if we can get some type of gas burning fireplace in this house. If we lose electricity, we'd have no heat - and a fireplace is much nicer than a generator...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home