Thursday, September 21, 2006

new welder

well today I got an incredible deal at the Maumee valley Habitat for Humanity's RE-Store, I had originally went there for a new back door for the garage and a screen door for the breezway (more later) but I stumbled across this little gold mine... a 1979 hobart welder
gotta love that 1979 built like a brick shithouse design, it weighs almost 400 pounds and came with 40' of welding cables so I can leave it in the garage and weld outside..... the best part was the price, I offered $25 and the manager said $75, then he said "well your a regular here and you did give us that pallet of ceramic tile last year so why not split the difference" so I walked out of there with a welder and a new gate latch for $55.00 and does it work great! granted I spent the money for the new doors but I just couldnt pass this up considering I was bidding on a damn near identical welder on ebay and decided I didnt want to pay the $200 something that it was bid up to... oh well so I spent the money I had set aside for putting doors that lock on the garage because krista ( the broad that lives with us til the end of the month) dumpped her boyfriend and he is turning into a problem FAST and the last thing I need is all my hard earned stuff to walk away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you got a great deal and I'm sorry that the boyfriend thing didn't work out for her. Now we'll never find out if you could have gotten the bay space at his "shop".

:-)

Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

LOVE the Habitat for Humanity shop...they've got terrific bargains and it's for a terrific cause...besides - you just never know what you'll find. I'm facinated by what I realize that I need whenever I go there. :)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home