Tuesday, March 20, 2007

1983




wow this last weekend was awesome, went to 2 auctions and got some awesome deals that I wouldnt have imagined I would have got from the Baker-bonningson consignment auction. I was not going to go to but DC talked me into it and man am I glad I did, FIRST off I got my bidder number and it was one of my 2 lucky numbers, one is 484 and the other is 1983 and I got 1983 and I knew I would get what I wanted HOT DAMN!
50 HP Johnson $35


250 amp MIG welder $15
a 14" Hydraulic Cylinder and control valve for $15.00, a dozer blade for the 4 wheeler for $2.00 and the best part... a 1994 Evinrude 1?? possably a 135hp but I think it is a 100 HP V-4 Outboard motor with Electric tilt and trim for $25 which is about 1/10th of the motors retail price,... I have been looking for this motor for a while and now that I have it I am not selling it even though I have had 3 different offers around a grand each for it, screw that I finally got a decient motor for my Lund and that boat WILL be on the water this year, no more dicking around, I bought a piece of 1/2" stainless plate to reinforce the transom after I get done with the transom rebuild.... I am listing the 35HP motor and the 50HP motor on ebay as I type this so that will bring some money in soon along with the glass ceran Jenaire cooktop I had in storage so I will be able to get the 1 ton I have had my eye on for the last few months,
Johnny had it marked at $1800 but his idiot mechanics screwed up something and he asked me the other day what I would give him for it and I used my auction sign language to say 3½ and he said 4 so I said ok... it is a step into the past, it is identical to my 90 F-350 I used to have with the exception that it is a 4 door cab... but ya know what that means.... ROAD TRIP TRUCK!!! 2 bench seats so there is room for 2 people to crash... now I gotta find a pic of my old f-350
this is scarry, I found the pic in less then 10 seconds.... god I loved this truck, it was a F-450 1.5 ton Diesel 5 speed with a 12' flatbed..... it is the only vehicle I regret selling and I have had alot of them.... Just sitting in that red dually rekindles ALOT of memories.... back when I was just a snot nosed teenager and drove it like I stole it and me and Jeremy always had the trailer behind it doing something, hauling a junk car or doing lawn work or just out scrapping (back when it was $35 a ton)whatever paid for lunch and diesel fuel we did and had a good time.... now a days everything has to get technical and people have to pull head games and you have to deal with bullshit drama.... I honestly miss working as the "shop manager" for Triad Cycle and cuttin grass part time with Jeremy, so I only made $25-$40 a day but I didnt have to deal with the bullshit called life, no stressing about paying $1000 a month in bills, who is going to do this and how am I going to run 2 crews this year with limited startup capitol? well as Tom Anderson says " Nate, Just do the best that you can and know down in your heart that your dream will succeed" atleast I know I am going to have a nice new landscape trailer to use, I am ordering the steel for it next monday and I am going to cut it all up to size and knock 2 of them out next week, one for me and one to sell so I can get my money for the other one... shit I priced them while in fremont and just for a plain jane 6x12 single axle landscape trailer ith a ramp gate is $1000 and I have everything but the steel to build myself one and the steel is less then $200!!!! I am going to take my old hauling trailer out to the auction at archibold and see what it brings,.... last time I was there they sold a tandem axle 6x12 with no sides for $350 I really hate to get rid of that trailer but I want something new something that is "mine". I am still up in the air as far as what to do with the dump truck... I want to yank the drivetrain and the bed and hydraulics off of it and scrap it but I know Jeremy needs a 1 ton truck bad for his littlle hauling biz so even though people think I am a callous asshole I still care about my little buddy and I couldnt just junk the truck to be a dick... I am tired of rowing gears and having it nickle and dime me but I wont complain too much, that truck has made me $10k sence I got it and it had sat in a backyard for 5-6 years before I got it and I DROVE IT HOME and had it hauling the next day. I dunno.... I am going to concentrate on getting the maroon 1 ton and then go from there once I figure out what my goal is everyone will know...
I am out of here, l8r



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home